Skip to main content

Felony Arrests in the Village and Town

Thu, 01/30/2025 - 09:19

East Hampton Village police made one felony-level arrest on a charge of aggravated drunken driving early on Monday morning.

Manuel Choya, 52, of East Hampton, was reportedly seen by police swerving out of his traffic lane in a 2010 GMC Sierra while driving on Montauk Highway; police did not specify where. After investigation, the police deemed Mr. Choya intoxicated and placed him under arrest. It was his second drunken-driving arrest, according to police.

Mr. Choya was released the next day on his own recognizance by East Hampton Town Justice David Filer.

Another man was charged with violating an order of protection, a class-E felony, after police say he arrived at the home of a protected person on Boatheader’s Lane on the night of Jan. 19.

Sergio Salazar-Dominguez, 42, reportedly arrived at the house and tried to gain entry by knocking and attempting to open the door. Previously, East Hampton Justice Steven Tekulsky issued a no-contact order, dated Jan. 18, 2023.

Justice Tekulsky arraigned Mr. Salazar-Dominguez the next day, releasing him on his own recognizance.

 

On the Police Logs 11.27.25

A Barry Lane, Springs, man told police that someone claiming to be from Amazon had called him in regard to a $996 charge on his account for an iPhone 16. When he said he didn’t have an Amazon account, he was transferred to someone who identified himself as a Social Security employee, accused him of money laundering, and told him to expect a call from Nassau County police.

Nov 27, 2025

Accused of Stealing Wipes

A homeless 22-year-old was arrested last week in Montauk, accused of stealing a package of wipes from the Montauk I.G.A. after having been being notified the week before that he was no longer allowed on the premises.

Nov 27, 2025

Hospitalized After Accident

Police reported only one accident on local roads recently that resulted in an injury, which happened on Nov. 11 in Montauk, after midnight.

Nov 27, 2025

Five-Day Sentence for 2023 Graffiti That Unnerved Montauk

A 76-year-old Montauk man was sentenced to five days in county jail, followed by three years of probation, for spray-painting swastikas and antisemitic phrases around the hamlet in late 2023. 

Nov 20, 2025

 

Your support for The East Hampton Star helps us deliver the news, arts, and community information you need. Whether you are an online subscriber, get the paper in the mail, delivered to your door in Manhattan, or are just passing through, every reader counts. We value you for being part of The Star family.

Your subscription to The Star does more than get you great arts, news, sports, and outdoors stories. It makes everything we do possible.