Skip to main content

Arrested Three Times in Nine Days

Thu, 06/10/2021 - 08:17

An East Hampton man arrested on May 28 found himself in trouble with town police again four days later, and it all started when a 2012 Dodge Ram pickup truck was reported stolen from an undisclosed location on Gingerbread Lane in East Hampton Village on June 1. Alexander Kouffman, first accused of violating a stay-away order on May 28, was charged with third-degree criminal possession of stolen property and fourth-degree grand larceny, both felonies, after police flagged the missing truck on Lily Pond Lane shortly after 2 p.m. and discovered he was behind the wheel.

Mr. Kouffman claimed to have borrowed the vehicle, police said. Allegations of unauthorized use of a vehicle and aggravated unlicensed operation, both misdemeanors, accompanied his felony charges. His arraignment was set for today, and he was released in the field.

And in the field he was. On Saturday, Mr. Kouffman was arrested on another misdemeanor, second-degree criminal contempt, the same charge he is facing from the May 28 incident. Town police said that once again, he disobeyed an order of protection that had been issued by Suffolk County Family Court. Town police said that around 8:15 a.m., he was seen in the driveway of the Northwest Woods house where the protected individual lives. Mr. Kouffman was released under pre-trial supervision with GPS monitoring after his arraignment the next morning before Justice Steven Tekulsky. He was to appear in court again this morning.

Sag Harbor's arrests were more run of the mill this week. Orlando Andrade, a 42-year-old resident of Woodside, N.Y., was pulled over on Sunday at 7 p.m. where Route 114 meets Long Wharf. Police charged him with aggravated unlicensed operation and operating with suspended registration, both misdemeanors. He is to be arraigned on June 18 by Justice Lisa R. Rana at Sag Harbor Village Justice Court.

Vincent Bisconti, 57, of Babylon, was arraigned by Justice Rana on June 2 on three charges stemming from an alleged traffic violation on May 24 at 8:15 a.m. He was seen running a stop sign at Bay Street and Main Street in Sag Harbor, and village police said he was driving without a license, without insurance, and without a valid registration, all misdemeanors.

On the Police Logs 08.20.26

No crime was committed on Aug. 12 on Front Street in Springs, where police responded to a report that a man was holding a shotgun. Police said it was in fact a BB gun, which the man told them he uses to scare off squirrels and other small animals.

Aug 20, 2026

Montauk Art Show Targeted by Thieves

Just weeks after the sentencing of the woman who drunkenly drove through the Montauk Art Show last year, destroying many paintings, photographs, and handmade crafts, the event was targeted again, this time falling victim to thieves and vandals.

Aug 20, 2026

July Train Robber Brandished a Knife

Metropolitan Transportation Authority detectives have charged a Bronx man with robbery, saying that in East Hampton last month, he stole money from another train rider and then brandished a knife in his face.

Aug 20, 2026

Multiple Pileups as Labor Day Draws Near

East Hampton Town police reported multiple accidents last week as local roads fill up for the final weeks of summer.

Aug 20, 2026

 

Your support for The East Hampton Star helps us deliver the news, arts, and community information you need. Whether you are an online subscriber, get the paper in the mail, delivered to your door in Manhattan, or are just passing through, every reader counts. We value you for being part of The Star family.

Your subscription to The Star does more than get you great arts, news, sports, and outdoors stories. It makes everything we do possible.