Skip to main content

Seven Drivers Headed to Court

Thu, 04/01/2021 - 15:47

Adrian Pizarro, a 29-year-old from Sag Harbor, was driving a 2002 gold Ford on Saturday night when Sag Harbor Village police caught up with him on Swamp Road near Route 114 for failing to maintain his lane. That proved to be the week's only alcohol-related arrest. Police reported that Mr. Pizarro's unsatisfactory performance on roadside sobriety tests was followed by a night in custody. He appeared in the morning before Justice Lisa R. Rana; it was his first such arrest.

Also on local roads, an East Hampton woman, Abigail Gawronski, and a Brooklyn man, Peter Reda, were charged in Sag Harbor last week with driving with suspended registrations.

Mr. Reda will appear in Sag Harbor court on April 16; Ms. Gawronski will answer her charge in East Hampton Justice Court tomorrow. Joining her are Wilson Plaza of Bridgehampton, charged with aggravated unlicensed operation and suspended registration, and Esau Lopez of Brentwood, who was clocked in East Hampton Village at 40 miles per hour in a 20 m.p.h. zone and also charged with unlicensed operation.

Harry Helbing of Sag Harbor will be in court there tomorrow, charged with passing seven vehicles and driving through two crosswalks recklessly, said Sag village police, who booked him also for speeding, unsafe lane change, and reckless driving.

Accident by the Train Station

A head-on collision on Montauk Highway near the Amagansett railroad crossing last week left four people injured.

May 14, 2026

An ‘In-Depth Look’ at Crime Here in 2025

Arrests across East Hampton Town were down last year, as were overall calls to town police, according to the department’s year-end report. Motor vehicle accidents are also trending down.

May 7, 2026

EpiPens Now in Town Police Cars

The East Hampton Healthcare Foundation has donated 26 two-packs of EpiPens, pre-loaded syringes that defend against the allergic reaction known as anaphylaxis, to East Hampton Town.

May 7, 2026

On the Police Logs 05.07.26

Kids were reported to be running amok at BonBon, a candy shop in Sag Harbor, last week. An employee told police that “very young kids” took too many candy samples and other items.

May 7, 2026

 

Your support for The East Hampton Star helps us deliver the news, arts, and community information you need. Whether you are an online subscriber, get the paper in the mail, delivered to your door in Manhattan, or are just passing through, every reader counts. We value you for being part of The Star family.

Your subscription to The Star does more than get you great arts, news, sports, and outdoors stories. It makes everything we do possible.