Skip to main content


Go Fund Tuthill Road

Residents of the Tuthill Road Association have launched a GoFundMe campaign that they say is necessary to protect the neighborhood’s character and quality of life from activities associated with Duryea’s Lobster Deck, purchased in 2014 by Marc Rowan.

May 16, 2019
Say Farewell to Muddy Feet

A long-held plan to improve the westbound bus stop in Amagansett recently came to fruition when a flat brick surface was installed on Main Street in front of Gansett Green Manor. Two new benches accommodate waiting passengers.

May 16, 2019
PSEG Eyes a Hither Woods Site

PSEG Long Island announced this week that it will explore the possibility of building a modernized Long Island Power Authority substation on parkland north of the former Montauk landfill.

May 16, 2019
House of Seven Gables

Item of the Week From the East Hampton Library Long Island Collection

May 16, 2019
Montauk Library Dreams Big

Montauk School District voters will have an opportunity to vote on a nearly $7.5 million expansion and renovation project next week.

May 16, 2019
Rare Purple Pearl Found in Accabonac Clam

Alex Miller was heading home thinking about dinner on the evening of May 14 when he decided to stop at Stuart’s Seafood Market, an Amagansett fa-vorite. He bought some cedar plank salmon and coleslaw. As an afterthought, he said, “Why don’t you give me a dozen littleneck clams — medium-sized little-necks?” 

At home in Springs, he shucked them — half the quahogs were from the shell-fish hatchery and the other half from the wild (he could tell by the striped pattern on the shell). On the 11th wild clam, something he thought was a marble fell out.

May 15, 2019
Downtown Study Comes Into Focus

The East Hampton Village Board, which is seeking to hire a firm to help tackle challenges in the village’s commercial district, discussed the details last week.

May 9, 2019
The McGuirk Boarding House

Item of the Week from the East Hampton Library’s Long Island Collection

May 9, 2019
Hedges-Edwards Barn Now Part of Mulford Farm

The Hedges-Edwards Barn, dating from around 1770, was originally located on the west side of Main Street in East Hampton, where the library now stands. E.J. Edwards first moved it around 1910 to his nearby property on Edwards Lane.

Mar 23, 2019
In New Soil Beloved Tradition Grows Fresh Roots

They gathered shortly after noon Sunday at their meeting place at the Chase Bank on Main Street in East Hampton, and for the next 45 minutes as they made their way to Most Holy Trinity Catholic Church, neither the rain nor sleet nor gray skies dampened their enthusiasm.

Dec 19, 2018
Where Lives Unfold Over a Slice

There is almost never a time when Fierro’s isn’t busy, and if you’ve been there, you can understand why. The pizzeria, which celebrates its 35th anniversary in East Hampton this week, has survived and thrived not only on the strength of its popular pies — served 362 days a year — but on the amicability of its owners, John and Al Fierro.

Aug 16, 2018
Stinky Flower's Rare Bloom on Display in East Hampton

Plant fanciers interested in unusual flora will want to stop by Wittendale's Florist in East Hampton, where the rare large bloom of a corpse flower is currently filling the greenhouse with its distinctively pungent odor.

Mar 15, 2018