Skip to main content

Drivers Without Paperwork on Local Roads

Thu, 04/29/2021 - 08:50

One airplane-related arrest last week, covered separately on this page, was the only break from the usual reports of road-related incidents.

In Sag Harbor, Valter Felisberto of Laurel was charged with aggravated unlicensed operation, a misdemeanor, on Hampton Street. Fredy Hernandez Campos of Southampton was flagged near the same spot for the same alleged offense, as well as for reportedly driving with a suspended registration, also a misdemeanor. Segundo Atariguana-Rodas of Riverhead was charged with aggravated unlicensed operation on Brick Kiln Road, and Ricardo Lugo of Huntington Station with driving with a suspended registration on Route 114. All four will be arraigned on May 7.

Marcelo Ricardo Parada of Shelter Island was stopped on Main Street and Glover Street in Sag Harbor, initially for failure to display an inspection sticker on the windshield, which is a violation, but what followed was his arrest on a charge of aggravated unlicensed driving. He appeared before Justice Lisa R. Rana in Sag Harbor Justice Court on Sunday.

In East Hampton, Isabella Crowell and Geni Pazminomayorga of East Hampton were booked, respectively, for driving with suspended registration along Three Mile Harbor Road and aggravated unlicensed operation along Old Orchard Lane and Ruffed Grouse Court. On Montauk Highway in East Hampton Town, Jorge Ordonez of Ozone Park was charged with aggravated unlicensed operation and driving with suspended registration. All three will appear in court on May 12.

Nunzio Loguercio of Moriches was stopped in East Hampton Village on North Main Street and charged with aggravated unlicensed operation and driving an uninspected car. He was arraigned yesterday.

Who Was the Actual Driver?

A 14-year-old driving on Hand’s Creek Road on Jan. 19 was involved in an accident that eventually led to the arrest of his father on Feb. 3.

Feb 19, 2026

D.A. Refuses Plea Deal in Montauk Art Show Case

“One year of supervision is not sufficient for what she allegedly did,” Justice Steven Tekulsky said during a conference last Thursday with the attorney for Nicoly Ribeiro De Souza, who police said drove through an art show on the Montauk green in June, causing over $100,000 in damages.

Feb 12, 2026

Bostwick’s Burglar Charged and Sentenced

An East Quogue man police say broke into Bostwick’s on Pantigo Road last May was charged with third-degree burglary early Friday morning, and sentenced later that day to four years’ probation for a string of other burglaries from Southampton to East Hampton.

Feb 12, 2026

On the Logs 02.12.26

An appliance repair man from Mastic Beach told police on Feb. 3 that he’d been harassed over the phone by a Montauk homeowner’s son after he ran late to repair a washing machine.

Feb 12, 2026

 

Your support for The East Hampton Star helps us deliver the news, arts, and community information you need. Whether you are an online subscriber, get the paper in the mail, delivered to your door in Manhattan, or are just passing through, every reader counts. We value you for being part of The Star family.

Your subscription to The Star does more than get you great arts, news, sports, and outdoors stories. It makes everything we do possible.