Felony Drunken Driving for Sag Harbor Woman

East Hampton Town police charged a Sag Harbor woman with felony drunken driving Sunday night after finding her 2014 Ford on the shoulder of Montauk Highway in Amagansett, engine running.

Melissa Diana Scarlato, who was behind the wheel, was asked if she had been drinking and reportedly replied that she had had "two martinis at the Tavern."

Failing roadside sobriety tests, she was placed under arrest and taken to headquarters, where police said a breath test produced a reading of .16, twice the .08 number that defines intoxication. Because she was convicted of misdemeanor drunken driving in 2008, the current charge is a felony. She was released from police custody to deal with an undisclosed medical condition, and will be arraigned in East Hampton Town Justice Court today.

Town police also arrested Brian M. Fisher, 22, of Springs, after stopping his 2014 Ford Focus on Montauk Highway in Montauk for insufficient brake lights, the second such summons since last month. This time, however, he ended up in handcuffs on a misdemeanor charge of driving while intoxicated. At headquarters, his breath test reportedly returned a reading slightly over the .08 mark.

Sag Harbor Village police made two alcohol-related arrests this past week. Victoria D. De Lesseps of Brooklyn, 22, driving a 2003 Land Rover, was pulled over on Main Street a little after midnight Friday; police said she was driving without headlights. At headquarters, her breath test registered an alleged .15. She was released the next morning without bail.

William C. Mead of East Moriches, 24, was driving a 2008 Mercedes Benz on Bay Street when the car almost struck a curb, then swerved across the road into the oncoming lane of traffic, according to the report. His breath test produced a .17 reading. He, too, was released without bail.

Yancy Victoria Butler, the actress whose .31 reading sent her to the hospital after her arrest in Sag Harbor on April 3, was arraigned in the village's Justice Court Friday on a misdemeanor charge of aggravated drunken driving. First, though, she reported to police headquarters on Division Street to have her fingerprints and mug shot taken. Because of her condition at the time of her arrest, police were not able to complete processing her. She was released without bail, and is now in an in-patient rehabilitation institution.